Friday, June 29, 2012

Crafts for a Year!


I bet you can vividly recall some of the crafts you made as a kid at summer camp.  I can still picture the flower pot soldier I made at Camp Pamadeva.  I had that thing sitting on my window sill for years.  Unfortunately, it’s premature demise was the collateral damage from a Nerf gun battle between my brother and I.  I remember being sad about my broken artwork.  It was pretty good for a kid who was fairly impatient and not so crafty.

The pictures above show the calendar craft we are doing this summer at Arrowhead.  Our 13 day program is a perfect fit for this project and we are thrilled to have a craft that will be used all year long.

This is a great family project too.  Grab some 11” x 17” paper and make your own.  You could make a themed calendar or a calendar for each of your kids.  Don’t forget to fill in your calendar with important upcoming dates or use it as a journal of what you have done together as a family.  What a great way to look back on a year gone by.

You can also check out our website to download a pdf of the calendars we created for camp this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment